Pages

Ads 468x60px

Tuesday 15 January 2013

Britney Spears reportedly demanded a $3 million pay rise on The X Factor

Britney Spears reportedly demanded a $3 million pay rise on The X Factor

Britney Spears announced last week she was leaving the show after just one season as a judge and insiders claim it is because program chiefs refused her salary demands of $18 million. A source told RadarOnline.com “When producers asked if she wanted to return for the third season of ‘The X Factor’, Britney’s reps said she would only come back if she was offered $18 million. But after much deliberation, they just felt that Britney wasn’t worth that much because she wasn’t bringing enough to the table.”

The insider continued “Her performance as a judge was scrutinized, and she didn’t really add anything to the show. They felt she didn’t warrant a $3 million pay hike. When she originally signed up for $15 million last season, it was stressed that was as far as the network could go financially for her.”

Announcing her departure from the show on Friday, Britney said she wanted to go back to her music career, releasing the statement “I’ve made the very difficult decision not to return for another season. I had an incredible time doing the show and I love the other judges and I am so proud of my teens but it’s time for me to get back in the studio. Watching them all do their thing up on that stage every week made me miss performing so much! I can’t wait to get back out there and do what I love most.”


Full article at: Celebrity Gossip

0 comments:

Post a Comment