Pages

Ads 468x60px

Friday 25 January 2013

Himmatwala made Ajay Devgn nostalgic!

Himmatwala made Ajay Devgn nostalgic!

Ajay Devgn and Tamannaah Bhatia

At the theatrical promo launch of Himmatwala, director Sajid Khan and lead actor Ajay Devgn went into nostalgia.

Sajid said that Himmatwala, which released in 1983, starring Jeetendra and Sridevi, was one of his favourite films. He said that he was “not remaking it.”

“We have not tried to copy anyone. I have worn white shirt and pants but not white shoes,” Ajay said. Ajay and Tamannaah shot the famous song ‘Taki O Taki Re’ in Jaipur, while the team shot ‘Tathaiya Tathaiya’ song in Mumbai. “Dancing is difficult for me than acting. It stresses me out,” Ajay said. However, director Sajid Khan said, “Ajay dances like a superstar.”

“It was nostalgic during this film. As the film is set in 80s, it did remind me of my earlier movies when I had started in the industry. Then I had gone on the sets of Himmatwala as my father was action director for that movie. I had also come to single screen theatre Gaiety Galaxy to see the reaction of the audience for my debut film Phool aur Kante. At my introductory sequence, people threw coins towards the screen, among them was a Re 1 coin which hit me on the head. I still have it,” remembered Ajay.

The launch was done with a retro theme as homage to the original 1983 version of the film. Tamannaah who is making her Bolywood debut with the movie was also present at the event.

Himmatala, which is all set to release on March 29th, has been produced by Ronnie Screwvala and Vashu Bhagnani. The movie is presented by UTV Motion Pictures and Pooja Entertainment and Films.


Full article at: Celebrity Gossip

0 comments:

Post a Comment