Pages

Ads 468x60px

Tuesday 5 February 2013

Salman Khan is a super hit among cricketers, too

Salman Khan is a super hit among cricketers, too

Salman Khan and Ranbir Kapoor

Be it love affairs or IPL teams, the chemistry shared between Cricket and Bollywood is simply wonderful. And what could be more wonderful than the Women’s World Cup taking place in the film city, Mumbai?

Anyway, what’s news is that the Sri Lankan women’s cricket team is crazy about Bollywood. Some of them are hread speaking only in Hindi and also humming Bollywood tunes. Srilankhan skipper, Shashikala Siriwardene said excitedly, “I started watching Hindi movies when I was a kid. They used to screen two movies a week in my hometown. The reason I got so hooked was because I understood them. The theatres always had Sinhalese translation. Eventually, I grasped the language too.”

Her personal favorite is none other than Bollywood superstar Salman Khan. The 27-year-old further said, “Salman Khan, of course! Maine Pyaar Kiya is my favourite movie of Salman. The youngsters in our team prefer Ranbir Kapoor.”

Some of the Bollywood films have also been an inspiration to the cricketers. “The last movie I saw in a theater was Dil Bole Hadippa. It appealed a lot to me as I could connect with the story. It is very similar to our lives. Women struggling to make a mark in cricket…,” said Shashikala.

The Sri lankan skipper is also an ardent fan of Kajol.


Full article at: Celebrity Gossip

0 comments:

Post a Comment