Pages

Ads 468x60px

Sunday 10 March 2013

Priyanka Chopra to don two distinct looks in Zanjeer!

Priyanka Chopra to don two distinct looks in anjeer!



Priyanka ChopraPriyanka Chopra will be seen in two different looks for her role in the film anjeer. Designer Pria Kataria Puri who is making her foray into the industry with this film is giving Priyanka the required look!


“In the first half of anjeer when she’s abroad, Priyanka would be dressed as a woman entrepreneur should be dressed. You see, in today’s times, a working woman from India doesn’t stand out at the airport. She looks like any chic well-dressed woman from any part of the world,” said Puri.


Pria added, “Later, when Priyanka’s character comes to India, she gets more colourful in her sartorial expression. You would notice that even when an Indian girl in India dresses in western clothes, there is a dash of Indianness in her clothes. She may wear shorts, but it would be orange in colour. Priyanka’s clothes would reflect her changed geo-political mindset.”


Interestingly, Priyanka’s character in the movie, Mala and the designer share a similarity!


“Like Priyanka’s Mala in anjeer, I am an NRI working out of a foreign country. So I instinctively understand the clothes that Priyanka should wear. I often see actresses in our clothes looking wow. But they don’t seem to be dressed in character.”


The designer has so far based all her globally-feted work from Kuwait, where her husband works. She also flies to San Franscisco at least twice a month to meet her daughter who studies in the US. But she says her heart has always been fully Hindustani.


“I insisted on a bound script which I never got. anjeer is the first film I’ve said yes to. One of the reasons is the director Apoorva Lakhia, who’s a friend. The other reason is Priyanka Chopra, who according to me, is the most international actress from Bollywood.”


The designer says she was impressed with the brief on Priyanka’s character that was given to her by Apoorva Lakhia. She says,”He was the first director who gave me a hard-bound script. Earlier I refused offers because I didn’t get a script. For me it’s very important to know the character’s graph to be able to dress her properly. Because of the script, I got to know Priyanka’s character Mala thoroughly before I decided on her look.”






Full article at: Celebrity Gossip

0 comments:

Post a Comment