Pages

Ads 468x60px

Thursday 10 January 2013

Sally Field: Oscar fashion a lot more fun since ’80s

Sally Field: Oscar fashion a lot more fun since ’80s

Sally Field: Oscar fashion a lot more fun since '80s‘I’m thrilled and twirling and numb and excited and honored,’ the actress says.For the record, few Oscar nominees ever speak to reporters without a publicist on the line. But few actors are Sally Field, who greeted this reporter with a friendly, “Hi! Surprise, it’s me!”

The Lincoln best supporting actress nominee, who recently moved to New York, is in Los Angeles for tonight’s Critics’ Choice Awards and the Golden Globes. She was woken up by son Sam, who banged on her door after “tweeting, twerping, twiddling, whatever all those things are, I don’t do them.”

“This is a very, very exciting day. I’m thrilled and twirling and numb and excited and honored,” adds Field, who was just as ecstatic about her co-stars’ nominations. Another call beeps through, and Field momentarily disappears. “It’s my car and driver,” she says, returning. “You can’t believe what I look like right now. I’ve got my socks on and my jammies.”

Her date to the Oscars will be her son, and she has to admit, the red carpet has gotten a lot more fun. “When I won my Oscars (for Norma Rae and Places in the Heart) in the ’80s, I went to a store and bought a dress. Paid for. That was it! This has all changed. In such a huge way. I have these wonderful designers that I go, what? He wants to make a dress for me, and he wants to make a dress for me? I’m overwhelmed. I feel like a kid.”

But first, has she figured out her next project? “No! I’m sure I’m going to do the next Spider-Man, because I was in the first one that they did,” she says.” I love my darling Andrew (Garfield) and Marc Webb.” But, (producers, take note) she’s still on the lookout for a Broadway play. “I’ve been looking like mad for that play. That’s what I’d really like to do.”


Full article at: Celebrity Gossip

0 comments:

Post a Comment