Pages

Ads 468x60px

Tuesday 8 January 2013

Ryan Gosling doesn’t think he is good looking, doesn’t own a mirror

Ryan Gosling doesn’t think he is good looking, doesn’t own a mirror

Ryan Gosling has admitted that he is bemused by his sex symbol status, but doesn’t consider himself a traditional leading man. Speaking to the new UK issue of OK! magazine, he said “I don’t think of myself as particularly good looking and not at all a typical leading man actor. I have a greater affinity for characters who aren’t mainstream leading man kinds of roles, although I enjoy playing basically any character as long as the film has something interesting to say about life. I hate feeling that I’m just doing a job for a pay cheque. The whole notion of being a movie star is part of the myth-making process that goes on in the film business. You create this great illusion on screen and then the illusion is taken to a different level when actors become mythologised.”

Gosling has taken on a variety of roles in his career and won much praise for his performances Drive and Blue Valentine. The 32-year-old star – who is dating Eva Mendes, has starred in romantic movies Crazy Stupid Love and The Notebook but he isn’t keen to carve out a career in the genre. He said “I’ve been fortunate to appear in a few romantic films, which impart a kind of leading man aura onto you. I don’t think that’s my destiny as an actor and I’m not pursing those kinds of roles.”

Gosling’s latest film Gangster Squad, which stars his Crazy Stupid Love co-star Emma Stone, opens this Friday.


Full article at: Celebrity Gossip

0 comments:

Post a Comment