Pages

Ads 468x60px

Thursday 7 March 2013

Anurag Kashyap impresses legendary Martin Scorsese

Anurag Kashyap impresses legendary Martin Scorsese



Anurag--Kashyap


Anurag Kashyap, who has become the most versatile director of Bollywood by making movies Dev D, Black Friday, No Smoking has now got acclamation from none other than the legendary Hollywood director Martin Scorsese after watching his Gangs of Wasseypur Series.


For Anurag Kashyap this is for sure the most special moment of his life because a decade ago he saw Martin Scorsese’s movie ‘Taxi Driver’ and got inspired to become a script writer and then eventually he evolved into an outstanding director.


Anurag also mentioned that his “Gangs of Wasseypur” series is inspired from Scorsese’s “Goodfellas” which is still one of the most influential movies in Hollywood. GOW was screened at 65th Cannes film festival in the prestegious director’s fort night section which is an ama ing achievement.


Kashyap also mentioned that he sent his movies personally to Scorsese and got a letter of appreciation from him saying “I thoroughly enjoyed Dev D and Gangs of Wasseypur and found them exciting and inspiring.
And the best part is Scorsese wants to meet Anurag personally for which Anurag is truly honoured and said “I actually got the letter in December, but I had kept quiet about it. I don’t know why I felt like posting it today. It was a great feeling to receive a letter from Scorsese. I was invited to be on the sets of his film, but I couldn’t go. I just want to watch him work someday. He has been a great inspiration and I really think this letter is the biggest award I have ever got.”


India needs directors like Anurag Kashyap who truly defines the beauty of a cinematic experience. Kudos Anurag!






Full article at: Celebrity Gossip

0 comments:

Post a Comment