Pages

Ads 468x60px

Wednesday 6 March 2013

RGV reacts to harsh criticism towards “The attacks .. “

RGV reacts to harsh criticism towards “The attacks .. “



RGV


Recently released movie of RGV  “The Attacks of 26/11″  which gave huge insights in the Mumbai bomb blasts to the public. On other side it has been facing harsh criticism saying that the movie is trying to cash in on the emotional tragedy which left the country in shock.


But filmmaker Ram Gopal Varma stands by his stance that “life-changing” events like the night of 26/11 must be chronicled. He is happy with the response to his movie “The Attacks of 26/11″, and maintains that it is not against any community or a religion. He said “I think it’s very important that life-changing events like those what happened on the night of 26/11 should be chronicled in every manner – be it through books or documentaries or feature films”.


RGV said “Well as long as I was clear about my intent and the honesty in my heart, I didn’t want to give importance to the people who were accusing me of all kinds of things without even knowing in what context I was wanting to make the 26/11 attacks into a film. “I even got the permissions for shooting in the original locations because once they understood my intent, everyone more or less went out of their way to co-operate with me. Understandably, the Taj management didn’t want to for the reason that its a running hotel and also they didn’t want to revisit the tragedy.”


The movie, released March 1, featured Nana Patekar and Sanjeev Jaiswal who themselves have been receiving great reviews for their performances as well.






Full article at: Celebrity Gossip

0 comments:

Post a Comment