Pages

Ads 468x60px

Monday 4 March 2013

Soha Ali Khan prefers character driven role over the hero-heroine concept

Soha Ali Khan prefers character driven role over the hero-heroine concept



Soha Ali Khan


Soha Ali Khan finds the hero-heroine concept in cinema, illogical and absurd. The actress prefers a character driven role over the “hero-heroine dynamics” of Bollywood.


“I don’t think about hero or heroine! I look for character-driven scripts. I find the words hero or heroine very absurd. We all play characters,” Soha told in an interview.


She added, “When I did my first film ‘Dil Maange More’, I chose the character of a girl who chooses her career over the boy. But then everyone was like, ‘You are not the heroine of the film! She has to get the hero.’ But I felt the other role was more interesting,” Soha said.


The 34-year-old however appreciates the kind of cinema the Indian film industry is witnessing currently.


“It is not hero-heroine driven. It is not even star-driven. It is script and plot- driven… this is more exciting for me,” she said.


The actress doesn’t want to restrict herself to a particular genre and wants to focus on doing good cenima only.


“I want to be part of good cinema…with songs or without songs, with or without masala, with or without Salman Khan. The story should be good, the character should be good. If I like the environment and role, then I will do it. Whether it works or not is secondary,” she said.


Soha Ali Khan also regrets being a part of some films. However, she doesn’t let that affect her much.


“There is no point regretting anything. I don’t look into the past. Of course, there are films which I have done, which have not worked. But I don’t dwell in those,” she said.


Soha will be seen next in Tigmanshu Dhulia’s Saheb Biwi Aur Gangster Returns.






Full article at: Celebrity Gossip

0 comments:

Post a Comment