Pages

Ads 468x60px

Thursday 21 February 2013

M.I.A. thinks the Grammy Award’s originality is M.I.A.

M.I.A. thinks the Grammy Award’s originality is M.I.A.

MIATheft

What would you do if you thought your idea was stolen from you? In M.I.A.’s case, she wrote a blog about it. The Huffington Post reported, “M.I.A. thinks the Bob Marley tribute that was performed during the [2013 Grammy Awards] (and featured Sting, Bruno Mars, Rihanna and Damian and Ziggy Marley) was an overpriced knockoff of one of her January concerts.” M.I.A. wrote in her blog post, “IF U WANNA SEE THE REAL THING OR GET IT FIRST COME TO A M.I.A SHOW! My ideas came from my life. My set was based on Tamil Hindu temple. Not Bob Marley.” The blog post, which was themed with the name “steal log”, features screen grabs from both her performance and the Grammy performance. I don’t know about you guys but honestly, it’s not like M.I.A. invented the square light box. This just reminds me of the whole #seapunk rebellion of three months ago.

Check out M.I.A.’s blog post here and watch her hit video for Bad Girls below. And tell us what you think in the comments section!

[videoembed2 clipid=618799]

Source


Full article at: Celebrity Gossip

0 comments:

Post a Comment