Pages

Ads 468x60px

Friday 22 February 2013

Watch new video from Carly Rae Jepsen Tonight I’m Getting Over You

Watch new video from Carly Rae Jepsen Tonight I’m Getting Over You

aCRJGettingOver3

Carly Rae Jepsen has been killing it this year. If you ever doubted the star and wondered if she was going to be one of those sad one hit wonders, then you surely have been proven wrong. Call Me Maybe was a runaway hit, sure, but it only blazed a path so her other great songs like This Kiss and her latest single Tonight I’m Getting Over You can shine. The song is a dance post-break up album with damning Taylor Swiftian lyrics that go, “We’re not lovers/ But more than friends/ Put a flame to every single word you ever said/ No more crying/ To get me through/ I’ll keep dancing till the morning with somebody new/ Tonight I’m getting over you” which are laid on top of a great clubby-dubstep beat.

And now let’s talk about the video. The video features a beautifully shot (and fun) couple with CRJ and her Tiger Beat boyfriend gallivanting all over the streets of Los Angeles. The scene is so playful and cute that I got so wrapped into the first thirty seconds I forgot that this was a break-up song. I was also distracted by the style and art direction of this video. Gone are the days of leggings as pants (please?) and now Carly Rae has been given a wardrobe that is age-appropriate and still fun. Visually, this video is one of her best. And you know what? I’m also happy that though CRJ and her man break-up in the video, the end of it still remains hopeful and optimistic.

Check out the new video by Carly Rae Jepsen, Tonight I’m Getting Over You, and check out a gallery of some of our favourite moments below!

0 comments:

Post a Comment